2012年10月10日水曜日

Discussion 8: Beauty & Social Pressure

6. What do you think of the "dress for success" advice for interviews (p.72) ?

     I think the advice is good and useful because appearance is important for a job interview. A person who wears inappropriate clothes will not success to get a job even though he or she is good at talking or full of motivation. I think clothes can show us how the person is polite or is able to follow rules, so that is the easiest first step to get a job. On the other hand, the text also advice us to have a good attitude. That is absolutely important because almost all people will wear appropriately for job interview, so how they behave or answer questions is a big point whether they can success or not. And never giving up is the best advice for us to get a job.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I agree with you. We can show the appearance with our clothes, but almost all people looks same when the job-hunting. So we need to blush up ourselves. However, the image which can be made by the clothes can be the first one and quite important.

    返信削除
  2. You are right. First impression is so important not only for a job interview but also for anytime when we meet people for the first time because we can only gudge by appearance.

    返信削除
  3. I agree with you.
    "Dress for success" is one of the most important thing to live in the society smoothly.
    And I think that we cannot recognize how are we considered by others only by ourselves. We should be always welcome to get advice from others if we really want to win or improve.

    返信削除