2012年7月11日水曜日

Discussion 6: Think Positive

4. Universal design and barrier free are terms we often hear now. What are some examples?

 Universal design is a idea to produce useful things so that a lot of people can use. For examlpe, safety elevator or automatic doors, audio announcement, indicating something with pictures for foreigners or small children and using different mark on bottles of shampoo and rinse.
 Barrier free is to remove barriers from people of advanced years or disabled people, to help them living comfortable. There are some examples such as non-step bus, slope, elevator which can take wheelchair, handrail and toilet which have enough space for wheelchair users.
 Like these, we need to make our society better and comfortable for everyone.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I also think we need to make our society better and comfortable for everyone! Can you think of any idea for universal design? lol

    返信削除
  2. I agree with your opinion, "we need to make our society better and comfortable to everyone." However, I think too much barrier free may make our legs weak. So if it is possible, we may need some barriers like stairs and bumps. What do you think about this opinion?

    返信削除
  3. Yoshie, Miku and Yuri, I'm so interested in your differences and I have different opinion. When we think about universal design, we focus on how can we solve barriers for disable people. However, I believe "design" has also importance same as solving barriers. Think about when we use barrier free things, which things makes you happy and cheerful, only functionaly one or functionaly and nice design one?

    返信削除