Discussion1: Education & Studying abroad
No6.Studying abroad is not really 'serious'. It's just a vacation. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
I disagree for two reasons.
First, studying abroad is precious experience in our life and it will give us a chance to change our life or way of thinking.
Second, studying abroad is different from travelling abroad. It's for studying languages or some skills. So we have to take it seriously and we should prepare well before we go abrouad to study.
That's why i think studying abroad is serious.
I agree with your opinion and also, I wrote my blog about the same question :)
返信削除You are saying we have to prepare for studying abroad, so please let me know the examples to make the studying abroad serious.
I think it is very important to prepare for studying abroad before we start. For example, we have to improve the skill of language which we have to use in a country where we go. Moreover, we have to make our aim clear. We should think carefully what we want to learn or why we go abroad so that studying abroad make meaningful experience to ourself.
削除I was interested that you wrote "it will give us a chance to change our life or way of thinking." When you think about your upcoming trip in Global Village Fieldwork, how do you think it may "change your life"?
返信削除I've never been to developing countries, so the fieldwork will be very precious experience for me. I sometimes hear the news about child labor ,malnutrition and so on. I think to visit a country where those problems happen in reality may be a chance to reflect seriously what I can do in the future.
削除I agree too your opinion. And the person who can think that so,they can see Japan from other point of view from their own experiences.
返信削除I agree with you. There is a possibility to change our mind and thinking if you study abroad seriously.So people should not waste the opportunity.
返信削除